The 5 Best Gas Grills in 2016
Are you seeking one of the best gas grills that can give you high-level performance right at your home? We have written about five of the best-rated gas grills in this article which can help you make an appropriate decision. But before that, we would like to give you a buyer’s guide that will make you aware of some factors that you should consider before buying a gas grill. Here are a few of the important considerations:
When you plan to purchase a gas grill, it is essential for you to look for brands that are famous for producing this product. It is important to see the company’s specialty and how long it has been working in the market. If you don’t know about the brands, search the names online and look for their customer reviews. This way you’ll get a lot of knowledge about what quality gas grill a particular company provides.
Fuel can also assist you a lot in fine-tuning your gas grill search. If you decide you want to buy natural gas or liquid propane grill, you will have fewer options to look through. For a natural gas grill, you should have a gas line installed where you are going to place it. Moreover, the natural gas grill will cost less than an LP one as you don’t need to visit the propane store every single month. However, if you want a propane gas grill, you should consider all aspects of it.
Size also plays a significant role in selecting the product. Think about why you are purchasing a gas grill. Are you buying it for preparing regular meals or for huge social gatherings? Also, what kind of meal are you planning to cook on your grill? If you are purchasing it for cooking twenty or more hamburgers, you should opt for one with a large size. If you want to cook some steaks for your family, you should go for a compact one. The space you have for keeping the grill can also help you make a decision.
Features can also contribute to determining the top gas grills. For instance, the best natural gas or propane gas grills should have two or more high-powered burners. It is better if the burners and grates have porcelain enamel or stainless steel coating because of its rust-resistance and easy-to-clean features. Moreover, it should have enough rack space for cooking, warming, and keeping grilling tools, seasonings, and other things. The additional accessories should also come within the mentioned price unless you can afford to buy them separately.
Weight determines whether a gas grill is easily transportable. If you are purchasing a gas grill that requires moving to different cooking venues, you should get one with that weighs lighter. If you are unable to find a lightweight grill with the desired features, it should at least have heavy-duty swivel casters that can quickly and easily move it.
The price plays a critical role in buying this product. You look for either a grill within your budget or a grill with the required features, ignoring the price. If you have determined a certain price range, it will help you narrow down your search. Also, look for additional features while comparing the price. Some grills come with extra accessories, while others cost the same but don’t provide these accessories.
Here are the features, pros, cons, and prices of the five best rated gas grills.
1. Weber 47510001 Spirit E310 Natural Gas Grill
- The cooking grates come in two outstanding materials which are porcelain-enameled cast iron and porcelain-enameled steel and help retain heat evenly while grilling food.
- Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars create smoke and add more flavor to the food by vaporizing fats and juices.
- Three high-grade stainless steel burner tubes offer durability.
- Three front-mounted knobs provide ease of control.
- Two fixed stainless steel tables provide space for preparing food and keeping condiments closer.
- Electronic crossover ignition system offers fast and reliable startups with only a push of a button.
- The rust-resistant surface easy to clean and provides long-lasting performance.
- Warming racks for keeping the food at serving temperature.
- The drip pan and front access grease tray are quickly accessible and offer an overall simple-to-clean process.
- 424 square inch of cooking space.
- Ten-year limited burner and grill warranty.
- It has electronic crossover ignition system, which allows you to start the grill by only pushing the button.
- The three burner tubes permit you to cook for ten people at once, making it perfect for big parties.
- The bars are easy to clean.
- Users might experience some issues regarding heat at first because it is scorching to start with, but the temperature drops to a comfortable level after a few minutes.
The price of the grill is $519.00 and if you want to buy it with the complete grilling set, it will cost $548.57.
The Weber Spirit E310 is an excellent natural gas unit that provides quality and high-performance grilling. Moreover, it is very convenient and safe to use. It has all the remarkable features a gas grill should possess, making it one of the best natural gas grills present in the market.
2. STOK SGP2120N Island Gas Grill
- Cooking grates come in porcelain-enameled cast iron material.
- Two stainless steel burners.
- 25,000 BTUs offer robust grilling control.
- The electric ignition system makes it easy and straightforward to begin cooking in no time.
- Built-in temperature gauge enables users to monitor the internal temperature of the grill conveniently.
- Built-in casters for easy rolling transportability between cooking places.
- STOK grill inserts allow users to transform it into an interchangeable vegetable tray, pizza stone, and smoker/infuser.
- 363 square inches of grilling area that provides ample grilling space.
- Storage rack and prep table with 360-degree approachability provide an appropriate space to keep seasonings, grill tools, and other things within easy reach.
- Compatible with STOK fade-resistant, weatherproof, easy-to-clean, and custom fit vinyl cover.
- It can carry a 20 lbs liquid propane gas tank.
- 10-year limited burner warranty and 2-year limited grill warranty.
- It provides ample cooking space, making it ideal for heavy cooking for a large number of people.
- It has an intuitive burner design which eliminates the extreme cold and hot spots on the grill.
- It also comes with a smoker/infuser, pizza stone, and vegetable tray.
- It doesn’t have an enclosed storage area.
- Being cautious with the temperature gauge is crucial while using it.
- Its lid is cumbersome, and users might find it difficult to set it down.
The price of this grill is $360.16, and it doesn’t include the STOK inserts.
The STOK Island Gas Grill with grilling inserts is one of the most innovative grills. It allows users to not just grill but also cook every food on it from pizza to vegetables. Moreover, the 360-degree approachability provides easy accessibility. It offers a lot of unique features at a very moderate price, undeniably making itself a must-have.
3. Lion Premium Grills L75623 Natural Gas Grill
- Cooking grates are made of premium stainless steel that offers durability for frequent grilling and retains heat consistently.
- Four heavy-duty stainless steel burners inside the cook box that can function separately and provide protection against rust.
- Stainless steel, double-layer smoker head with polished edges provides ideal rotation of the smoke.
- 75,000 total BTUs that offer significant heating power.
- 830 square inches of grilling and cooking space which is considerably larger than any other grill.
- Dimensions are 22 x 33 x 25 inches.
- It weighs 180lbs.
- Internal grill lights allow you to view the food clearly while cooking.
- The five push-in control stainless steel buttons allow convenient maintenance and usage of the grill.
- Offers a lifetime product warranty.
- It is entirely made of stainless steel including the grates and burners which protect the grill against rust and allows easy and simple cleaning.
- The five regulator knobs turn the gas on and off conveniently.
- It is very easy to assemble and dismantle.
- It provides a large cooking area of 830 square inches.
- It has a lifetime warranty, allowing users to get free repair and maintenance of the product.
- It doesn’t have wheel casters, which makes it hard to transport the grill.
- It is a massive unit which weighs about 180 lbs.
- It doesn’t come with prep cooking area and side burners.
- It is very expensive.
The price of this grill is $1495.00, making it a very high-priced product.
The Lion Premium Natural Gas Grill is one of the top gas grills. It has a sleek stainless design and delivers an outstanding grilling performance. It is one of the best grills that are available under $2000. It might sound a bit expensive, but its extraordinary features and attractive design justify its price completely.
4. Weber 47100001 Spirit S210 Natural Gas Grill
- Porcelain-enameled cast iron grates are designed to provide even cooking of food.
- Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars create smoke and sizzles while the juices of meat drip down, making the meal more flavored.
- Two stainless steel burners provide excellent durability and performance.
- 26,500 BTUs for delivering a robust amount of heat.
- Electronic Crossover Ignition System offers quick and reliable startups.
- Two fold-down stainless steel tables with coordinated tool hooks which provide easy access to grilling tools.
- Front mounted thermometer for monitoring the temperature inside the unit.
- Two heavy-duty front-lock swivel casters and two more heavy-duty swivel casters for easy portability.
- Porcelain-coated grease tray that is accessible from the front and the drip pan allows for simpler clean-up.
- 450 square inches of cooking room, 360 square inches of primary cooking space, and 90 square inches of warming rack space.
- A ten-foot flexible hose has been added for the user’s convenience.
- Ten-year limited burner and grill warranty.
- It has a considerate design that provides high quality and performance.
- Most of the materials of this grill are entirely rust-resistant.
- It provides ease in assembling, using, and cleaning.
- The customer can get the required support regarding this grill for as long as ten years.
- Cooking space is only 360 square inches, making it unsuitable for large social gatherings.
- It is a little heavy since it weighs 199 lbs.
- You’ll need to assemble the device all by yourself.
The price of this grill is $469.00.
The Weber Spirit S210 has a compact design, making it ideal for smaller decks or patios. The porcelain-enameled cast iron grates provide super heat retention. It also offers easy start-up and a flexible ten-foot hose. Moreover, the weather-resistant stainless steel and ten years of warranty make it a long-lasting natural gas grill.
5. Napoleon P308RBNSS-7 Prestige Gas Grill
- Stainless steel sear plates handle flare-ups, distribute heat evenly, and vaporize juice drippings to add more flavor to the food.
- Reversible, porcelain, cast iron cooking grates make impressive sear lines and retain heat for excellent grilling.
- Two 16-gauge patented stainless steel burners that work at 14,500 BTU each, which means it has a total heating power of 29,000 BTUs.
- Rear infrared 15,000 BTUs heavy-duty rotisserie burner allows you to slow cook or roast food and get restaurant quality result.
- Jet-fire ignition system allows users to light the burners quickly, safely, and reliably.
- Double-layered, roll top lid encompasses heat that gives an oven-like performance.
- The grill works with both natural gas and liquid propane gas.
- 483 square inches combined space for cooking and warming rack.
- The grill cart has a coat of galvanized powder gray steel.
- Open back for keeping propane gas cylinder.
- It comes with stainless steel sear plates and burners, making it safe against rust and easily cleanable.
- The infrared rear burner is a unique feature that you might not be able to find in most of the best gas grills. This back burner allows you to slow roast your food which enhances the flavor of your meal, making it taste exactly like in restaurants.
- It gives enough room for keeping a propane gas cylinder at the back of the grill cart.
- It doesn’t provide sufficient cooking space like other grills. The 483 square inch space is not solely for cooking and includes the warming rack space too.
Its price is $949. Right now, it is at a 16% discount, making it cost $799.00.
The Napoleon P308RBNSS-7 Prestige Gas Grill allows you to cook professionally and get a restaurant-style result with the help of its rear burner. It has many notable features that give excellent performance.
The best natural gas grills are designed by keeping the convenience of users in mind. People prefer and use those gas grills that allow them to cook food simply and quickly. That’s what the Weber Spirit E310 does. This unit has an Electronic Crossover Ignition System that lets users turn it on or off by just pushing a button. Not just that, but the entire control panel has been placed on the front of the grill for easy access.
Another major feature is that it has a cooking space of 424 square inches and an extra 105 square inches of warming rack space. Besides, its gas grill reviews are tremendously favorable, and almost every reviewer praises the quality of the flame and the way this grill distributes the heat evenly, which makes it perfect for searing steaks. Because of its high-quality material, you might not even require seasoning the grates before cooking if you’re very health conscious.
Moreover, the three burner tubes allow you to prepare food for a huge party at once. It is unquestionably one of the best gas grills that are available under $500, so if you are looking for the best natural gas grills, we highly recommend the Weber 47510001 Spirit E310 Natural Gas Grill.
Best value/best natural gas grill for the money
When it comes to budget-conscious users, it’s difficult to find the perfect gas grill at a moderate price. If you are one of those customers, don’t worry because we have just the right gas grill for you. With one of the highest gas grill ratings, the STORK SGP2120N Island Gas Grill is not only available at an affordable price but also possesses remarkable features.
The STOK Island comes with two burners that are enough to give an excellent grilling performance. Moreover, it offers 363 square inches of cooking space that might not sound as big as other high-priced grills but is sufficient for grilling plenty of food at once. It makes the food sizzle over the cast iron cooking grates as it uses 25,000 BTUs of powerful heating which emanates from the two stainless steel burners.
Moreover, you can empty and clean up the grill tray conveniently because it is easily accessible. Even the whole unit’s cleaning is very easy since most of its parts are made up of rust-resistant stainless steel, so you don’t have to apply any effort while cleaning. This stylish grill is available for $360.16 only, making it one of the best rated gas grills available at a reasonable price.